If your dish is in need of a tasty and health-conscious red sauce, do not worry..
WE GOT YOU!
The best part about this EZ Marinara is that we are going to use kitchen staples, meaning we can make this delicious sauce anytime, anywhere!
This Marinara pairs well with eggplant parmesan, stuffed shells, lasagna, your favorite pastas — and the list really does go on!
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 8 individual
(Also enough for a lasagna, chicken parm, etc.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (red or white)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
What to do
- Finely chop onion of choice, mince garlic
- Heat olive oil in large, non-stick pot over medium heat
- Add onions & saute until tender (~5 minutes)
- Add garlic into mix, cook an additional 1 minute
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Stir, bring mixture to a quick boil
- Reduce heat to simmer, cook covered for 15 minutes
-Feel free to adjust amount of water for a thicker OR thinner sauce
-The amount of salt is totally up to you, but 1 tsp is recommended